Dermaplaning in Virginia Beach & Norfolk
Dermaplaning is a safe and simple procedure to eliminate skin of thick or fine facial hairs and vellus hair (aka peach fuzz). Dermaplaning, also known as ‘epidermal leveling’ or ‘derma-blading’, also helps even out the texture of the epidermis, as well as removing the epidermal (surface) hair growth in the skin. One of our professional aestheticians will use a scalpel to gently glide across the surface of the face for a smoother, more even complexion.
Table of Contents
Our skincare specialist uses a sterile, medical-grade surgical scalpel blade during the treatment; and each blade is sanitarily tossed out after used on one patient. The aesthetician may begin the treatment with a light microdermabrasion process and proceed the treatment in a light enzyme or chemical peel process for a healthier, even skin tone and texture. Dermaplaning can also be administered before laser facial treatments to ensure skin health.
- Manual exfoliation method
- Eliminates surface debris with custom blade
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Allows for optimal absorption of topical products
- Provides immediate improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Primes skin for chemical peel
- Achieves a healthier, more radiant appearance.